What is gem water?
Gem water is water that has been exposed to crystals so that the water can be encoded with the energy of the crystals. You are left with very useful and high vibrational water. If you want to know more about how crystal healing works and why I work with crystals for healing read – “How Does Crystal Healing Work?“so that the rest of this article can make more sense to you.
Gem water is also known as a “gem elixir” or “crystal water”. Crystals are amazing to work with for healing but there are other ways to incorporate their healing energies into your life. Gem water is one of those ways and it is a great tool because it is like having a liquid version of the crystal that can be used in so many ways.
Water is neutral and is highly programmable. This means that water can soak up the energetic vibrations of the things it is around. Water can easily hold psychic information, help you feel more creative and even be a vessel for spirit. This is why some some people will find it easier to communicate with spirits when they are in the shower and why you may get creative ideas near large bodies of water.
Placing a crystal near water encodes the energy and particular traits of the crystal into the water. The strength and efficacy of the water depends on many things.
How is gem water made?
Do not attempt to create gem water without researching what you are doing – and by researching I do not mean checking social media posts or doing a 2 minute google search. Just like with herbal medicine you want to make sure you are getting your information from reliable sources – often people who have been in the field for a few years and have actually used gem water enough to see the effects. Other good resources for creating gem water can be geology books and websites. Do not place crystals into your drinking water without checking for toxicity.
I believe that your intuition is your best friend when it comes to knowing which crystals you should work with. If you need ideas or if you feel that you do not know enough about crystals, The Book of Stones is one of the best books for this purpose for several reasons.
- it is not paraphrased information that you find in every other book. My problem with many books on crystals is that the only information is vague and often almost directly copied from other sources. It is very easy to tell from this book that the authors really do have extensive experience with crystals
- There is so much useful information! The entries on each crystal are not just a few sentences or key words, but there are often 1-2 pages (and this is a textbook-sized book) dedicated to each crystal.
- This book contains an extensive index so that it easy to look up something you may be looking for, from astral travel to physical symptoms.
- The entries contain information about the spiritual, emotional, and physical helping energies of the crystals.
3. Method of use
- Adding crystal water to baths
- Spraying crystal water in your living space
- Taking drops of the crystal water like a flower essence or tincture
- Adding gem water to foods (morning smoothie + gem water = supercharged morning)
4. Desired Potency
- Astrological correspondences (like making a gem elixir for self-love while the moon is in Libra)
- Adding other ingredients, such as herbs or more crystals
- Changing the water type
- Using a high-grade or even gem quality crystal
- Leaving the water to be exposed to the crystals for a longer period of time
- Exposing the water to an appropriate colored light (like using purple light for an amethyst gem elixir)
- Leaving the gem elixir in moonlight or sunlight (some crystals cannot be left out in the sun, keep this in mind)
Methods for creating gem water:
1. Drinking glass method ( for nontoxic crystals)
2. Glass with lid method (for nontoxic crystals)
3. Crystal next to or under glass method (safe method)
Gem water recipes
- Moonstone, ametrine (or amethyst), and rose quartz for balancing hormones and PMS or PMT
- Labradorite, rainbow fluorite (in the green, blue, and purple range), and blue calcite for meditation and astral travel
- Rose quartz, aquamarine for healing acne
- Smokey quartz, hematite, and black obsidian for grounding
- Black tourmaline and amethyst for protection
- Apache tear, lepidolite, and azurite-malachite for emotional balance/healing