Lughnasadh “LOO-nah-sah” is celebrated on July 31-August 1. This year the moon will be in Aries on the 1st of August. Extra fire energy! During this time I think of what I want to make sure I finish before the summer is over. This time is about the waning light and energies around us and preparing for winter.
Foods and herbs for lughnasadh:
- Beer and mead
Colors for Lughnasadh:
- Bonfires (stay safe!)
- Crafting decor from hay, wheat, and other harvested goods. Check my Pinterest board for magic craft ideas
- Planning and setting intentions for what you would like to accomplish before the end of the summer. What would you like to do with the remaining summer energy?
- Enjoy nature – go on a hike or a simple walk. Spend some time in your garden or in the park
- Take care of your plants today
- Harvest berries, pick apples, or harvest other goods
- Bake – especially bread
- Find your own ways to say thank you and have gratitude for the things you have harvested this year. Both physical and nonphysical harvests
Recipes for Lughnasadh
Here are a few Lughnasadh related recipes to help you celebrate!
This delicious rose lemonade is by Sweet and Savory by Shinee. Click here for the recipe!
Learn more about medicinal and energetic uses of rose here
Beetroot and Walnut Bread
Beautiful beetroot bread from Twigg Studios – click here for the recipe
Vegan Roasted Garlic and Herb Dinner Rolls
Vegan Roasted Garlic and Herb Dinner Rolls by mycaliforniaroots.com – Click here for the recipe
Apple Cinnamon Puff Pastry Tart
Apple Cinnamon Puff Pastry Tart from purelykatie.com – Click here for the recipe