This time of year is all about introspection and slowing down. Spring is all about growth and Summer is all about getting things done. As things cool and slow down, our focus needs to be elsewhere. I love this time of year for self-care and re-evaluating what I really need to do with my life. So here are my 5 top tips for having a magical, transformational, and in-alignment Fall and Winter!
1. Remember what makes you feel good – self-care
What are your self-care routines? Now is the time to evaluate them and make sure you are actually using them! Many people can fall into emotional slumps or depressive times during the Winter months especially. This can be to a lot of different reasons such as the holiday festivities making the absence of lost loved ones even harder to bear, or Seasonal Affective Disorder. Two of my favorite self-care rituals for this time of year are drinks & rest. Warm, healthy (sometimes indulgent) beverages are a must-have for me. Herbs like astragalus and ginger can be very helpful during this time of year. Getting plenty of rest is essential. Another way I like to care for myself is to use affirmations. Since this is an introspective time of year I am often working on my vision for my life, and I work with affirmations to change that. Here are a few suggestions:
- I know that I am good at ___ and I will bring more of that into the world
- I am connected to my passion and my divine light at all times
- I face my fears with dignity and grace
- My inner world is full of richness and beauty
2. Create your own meaningful rituals
I love doing rituals this time of year. A ritual can be many things. I often use rituals to mark periods of change or transition. Here are a few ideas:
- Write down who you have been in the past & let the paper (safely) burn. Write a new sheet of paper detailing who you would like to be, and keep it in sight until next year.
- Get a tattoo that symbolizes the new you
- Get a haircut
- Create a piece of art that represents who you want to be. This could be a collage, a painting, or a poem. Get creative!
3. Shadow Work
Self-care can be all about positivity and fun rituals. Self-care is also about looking at things you do not necessarily want to admit about yourself and your life. Shadow work is about looking into your shadow – that part of your mind that is usually subconscious – and seeing what it is you have been hiding from yourself. Sometimes untrue beliefs about yourself that hinder your current wants and needs lie in your shadow. Sometimes latent gifts and talents lie in your shadow. The key is to become conscious of it so that it can no longer run your life! I have a whole article about shadow work right here. Learn more about shadow work
Shadow self connection – intuitive reading
With this reading I help you to uncover some things about yourself that are more subconscious than conscious. It is very important that we work with subconscious belief and habits so that they do not end up ruling our lives. In this reading I will bring out which shadow aspect of you is most ready to be healed now and I will give you some advice on how to heal it. If you would like, you can ask about a specific shadow aspect that is giving you a hard time. This is also a good reading to get done during mercury retrograde. You will receive your reading via email within 1-2 weeks of your payment processing. Not currently offered to those of you living in the EU
4. Embrace the darkness and turn inward
Life is full of cycles and it is better to flow with them than to work against them. We humans are dynamic, complex creatures that cannot be the same all the time. There may be times in your life that you feel more like being with other people, and times you don’t. Times you feel like getting a ton of work done, and times you don’t. This is totally okay and normal. On the part of the globe I’m on, this time of year is best for turning inward. Here are some of my favorite ways of doing this:
- Journaling (check out this pinterest board for some journaling ideas)
- Healthy fasting. Fasting under the care of a medical professional can be a great way to clear head fog and get in touch with your emotions.
- Try new things to get to know new parts of yourself
5. Work with plants and crystals
Do you work with crystals? You can read more about how they work, or schedule a session with me so I can point you in the right direction. Here are my most recommended crystals for this time of year:
- White aventurine – get to know who you really are on a spiritual level
- Apache Tear – let go of the past and move forward with what is really needed
- Black Tourmaline – transmute old and negative energy
- Smokey Quartz – get to know what routines your physical body really needs to feel good
- Clear Calcite – see through illusions and get to the truth, helps with introspection
- Labradorite – a stone of magic & intuition
There are many ways to work with herbs. I don’t recommend you take herbs internally without the guidance of a trained professional, but you can still meditate with the energies of the plants. Here are the herbs I recommend getting to know during this time of the year:
- Agrimony – a shadow work, introspective plant
- Milky oats – helpful for nourishing the nervous system – useful after busy summers
- Calendula – carries the brightness of summer into the darkness of winter
- Hawthorne – hawthorne is a tree of liminal spaces and transitions, perfect from transitioning from external focus to introspection
- Albizzia – albizzia is a flower of joy and can help you remember how to feel it
Wishing you many introspective blessings this introspective season.
Do you want to learn more about how to take care of yourself with herbs, essential oils, affirmations, and crystals?
None of these statements or products have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products and/or statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This is for educational purposes only and it is not meant to replace the care or advice of a medical professional in any way.
All information copyright Intuitive Harmony Medicine LLC 2018