This post may contain affiliate links. When you use affiliate links on this website I make a small commission which helps Intuitive Harmony Medicine.com keep running. This does not cost you anything extra.
My own healing journey began with many nightmares which lead to many sleepless nights. Have you ever felt like you would give an arm and a leg just to get a good night’s rest? That was me all the time!
There is a lot of information on why sleep is important – and what happens when you don’t get enough of it. But if you constantly struggle, what do you do? There can be many different causes of insomnia but in this post we are going to go over just one tool that helped me in my life and one that can help you too – crystal healing for better sleep! Keep reading for a DIY gem elixir recipe for better sleep.
In this post we will go over:
- Some potential causes of sleep issues
- What are ways to promote restful sleep
- How to set up your sleeping space for optimal rest
- What role does stress play in sleep loss
- How to use crystals to sleep better, which crystals are best for insomnia, crystals for sleep
- Natural ways to help with sleep and insomnia
Subscribe to the newsletter for the next post about sleep – how to use herbal medicine for insomnia and sleep issues.
Looking to the root cause of issues is so important! Crystals cannot completely take away issues from your life, they are just helpers. So before working with crystals, consider seeking professional medical help, seeing a therapist, or both – depending on what kind of sleep issues you are experiencing. You need may want to consider shadow work. I also help people with sleep disorders. If you constantly have dreams that interrupt your sleep – consider learning more about dreams or how to use dreams in your healing process.
Here are some everyday habits you can practice in order to get better sleep:
- Don’t use electronics right before bed
- Do something relaxing before bed – like reading, grounding outside, or writing in a gratitude journal
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day – it is so important for your health!
- Limit junk foods and recreational substances, especially before bed
- Make sure you are getting good nutrition. Your body cannot function properly if it is not well nourished
- Practice meditation
- Make a to-do list before you go to bed so that you know what is going to go on tomorrow so that it is easier to not think about everything you need to remember for tomorrow while you are trying to sleep
- Create a bedtime routine and stick to it. Possible things to include in your bedtime routine are: working with crystals, drinking calming herbal tea, meditation, journaling, and stretching.
If you are having sleep issues it is very important for you to reduce stress. I know from my own past issues and the issues my clients have involving sleep that stress reduction is a big component to fixing the problem. Working with crystals is of course a great way to manage stress but consider what you can do to 1. Reduce the causes of stress in your life and 2. Support yourself through the stress that is sometimes unavoidable. If stress is something you struggle with on a regular basis and it is affecting more than your sleep – consider working with calming crystals throughout the day.
Do you do anything and everything in your bedroom? This can be detrimental for some people. If you can, try to reserve your bedroom for things that belong in the bedroom – like sleep.
How to create an energetically-supportive sleeping space
- Selenite lamps
- Use healing color therapy in your bedroom – and here is a cool lightbulb that lets you create a great atmosphere
- Diffuse essential oils like lavender and chamomile
- Energetic cleansing of your sleeping space
- Leave your work-related stuff out of your bedroom. Or at the very least turn off your work computer when it is time for bed and if possible, move it to another room. Make sure your body knows it is time for sleep and don’t mingle rest and work time.
The best crystals for better sleep and insomnia
Now that we have gone over some possible causes of insomnia and some easy ways to reduce insomnia we can go over some of the best crystals for better sleep:
Rainbow Fluorite – The crystal is balancing and restorative to mind, body, and spirit. If you are spiritually or mentally troubled, this crystal is a good choice because it can help you to clear and work on both of those aspects.
Blue Calcite – This is my favorite crystal of all time! Blue calcite helps you to let go of stress. One quality that makes it great for people who have issues sleeping is that it is very protective and helps you let go of energies that are not yours to hold onto.
Amethyst – This crystal is my go-to choice for people who feel out of place in life and are kept up thinking about it. It is a good choice for people who have many dreams or sleep paralysis experiences.
Iolite – Iolite can help with deep, spiritual rest and connection. If you are going through a trying time and have lost sight of your place in the world, consider working with this crystal.
Lepidolite – This is another wonderful crystal for sleep and insomnia – especially if you can’t sleep because your mind is racing.
Lithium Quartz – This crystal is very calming and emotionally balancing.
How to use crystals for better sleep can be simple: you can meditate with them before bed, place the crystals under your pillow, place them on your nightstand, or put them under the bed. Be careful to not do this with toxic stones, and remember to keep them out of reach of pets and children.Do you want to know more about how crystal healing works?
Have you considered herbal medicine for sleep issues?
Consider working with me one-on-one if you experience:
- Waking up at the same time every night
- Feelings of heat in the evening, or sweating at night
- Poor memory
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking frequently during the night
- You can’t sleep because your mind keeps running
- Heart palpitation
- Inability to get proper sleep because of intense dreams
DIY gem elixir spray for peaceful sleep and rest
You will need:
- 4 oz spray bottle
- Sea salt
- Clear quartz
- Amethyst chips
- 5 drops of vetiver essential oil
- 14 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 6 drops of Marjoram essential oil
Fill your spray bottle mostly with water, about 3.7 oz. Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt and stir so that it dissolves. Add in essential oil drops of and shake well. Add in 3 pieces of each crystal. Set an intention with your elixir and maybe meditate with it for a while, visualizing yourself getting better sleep. Now you are all done! This is one of my favorite ways to use crystals to help insomnia. Spray around the bedroom when you want to promote healthy sleep. Keep away from pets and children.
I hope you get a good night’s rest! Subscribe to the newsletter to soon learn about how to use herbal medicine for insomnia.